All of a sudden my feed was filled with spring! Spring resets! Spring cleaning! Spring routines! And I was like no way it’s spring already because it’s still freezing and this year has been rushing. But to my surprise, it was Spring. And everything seemed a little bit better. The sun was shining more, I felt the warm rays, and I was less likely to have my hair thrown in my face by the wind. I was excited about a change, and I’m excited to share with all of you how to change this season. So if you’re looking for ways to shake it up or start anew, this is for you!
People often say you’re a product of your environment, and it’s true. You usually are a reflection of the environment you’re in. That could be where you live, your workplace, or any other place you spend a lot of time. So how do we change this? If you often have a messy room or apartment, maybe it’s time to get those cleaning tools out. Play some music, a podcast, a show, and just clean. Start with something small, and move from there. If you try to tackle something too big, chances are you’ll get overwhelmed.
Or if you have small tasks that are always in the back of your mind, get them over with. You need to reset your brain too. Set an hour or two, to just finish all of your work.
In your workplace, if you can, bring a plant(fake or real), and maybe a couple of other things that you like. Change it up, and wipe down the desk and the computers. If this isn’t the workplace that you work with, another way to refresh it is to have a better mindset about where you work. Maybe you feel tired all day from work because you’re not properly nourishing yourself. Maybe you need to take a different shift because you’re more energized at a certain time of day. Focus on yourself, and everything will align.
Some other ways to reset your space:
- Clean clean clean! If you’re always in an area where you don’t feel your best, you’re not going to perform your best.
- Bring in the fresh air, whether that’s plants, or opening a window more than usual. Let that sunlight in, and take time to go outside. If you’re always inside with artificial lighting, you’re going to start feeling more artificial.
- Buy yourself something that motivates you. If you want motivation to go in for work, buy a new mouse or desk pad. Buy new shoes if you’re standing all day or a new watch that counts steps if you walk all day. Buy a new professional piece, if it’ll help!
I strongly believe that the people you surround yourself with are a reflection of yourself. So with this in mind, think about the person you want to be. Someone that you think is the pinnacle of your existence. Now, who do they surround themselves with? Is it the same people you’re with right now? If the answer to that is no, well there you go. Nothing will change in your life if you change nothing. So try surrounding yourself with people you are inspired by and really make you happy. Most of the people you surround yourself with are your choice, other than work or family. So do yourself a favor, and work on the people who influence you.
It might seem impossible to not talk to the people you’ve talked to for ages, but it’s also impossible to become who you want to be if you don’t change anything. Spring is all about growing, and blooming. And for that, you need a change of environment and the people you surround yourself with.
If your body isn’t at its full potential, it’s highly likely that you aren’t either. So what do you do?
You start analyzing.
But what does that mean?
It means you think about the last 6 months to one year.
- What have you done that has caused you to feel at your lowest?
- And what have you done that caused you to be at your highest?
- Is it because of certain people you surround yourself with?
- Is it the food you eat or don’t eat?
- Is it the certain body movements you force yourself to do?
These are questions you need to ask yourself if you want to ensure change. Maybe you feel sluggish because you hit a sugar or caffeine crash. Maybe your body is reacting to a certain time of food, which makes you feel awful. Perhaps, you have recently been diagnosed with a chronic illness like diabetes, and you must get your blood sugar under control. A lot might be happening in your body right now, but you can take a minute and think about how to manage a situation like that. Fortunately, access to the right medication is easier thanks to the power of the internet. For instance, if you’re in Canada, you can easily look for an online Canadian pharmacy to find your prescribed medication at your convenience. Think of yourself as a file, and you’re in charge of analyzing and finding out what you need to do and what you don’t need to do.
Here are some ideas:
- Focus on eating foods that come directly from the earth.
- Be a safe place for yourself, and let yourself feel good
- Say good things about yourself every day, and others
- Stop blaming yourself or feeling guilty, thinking there’s no way to end the harmful cycle
- Figure out if your body needs to go by a 24-hour cycle and/or a 28-day cycle.
- Learn something new every day, either in a topic you’re passionate about or in general.
Your mind is just as important as your body, it influences the way you think about your body. Which influences the capability of your body. So if you reset for spring and have a new mindset, you need to work on what’s going inside your mind.
- Do you say positive things about yourself?
- Are you in a spiral of feeling useless and horrible about yourself?
- Are you not taking care of yourself? Do you allow time for yourself?
- Are you listening and watching content that only inspires you?
The last one is important because you can do that right now. You can unfollow people who you feel bad for unfollowing, you can unfollow people who put you in a negative space. You can block hashtags or certain creators if they keep you from becoming who you want to be. You can stop watching shows or listening to certain people who just bring you down or make you too comfortable in being someone you’re not. Start doing what’s best for you, right now.
Improving your knowledge and using your mind in a positive way will always help you to become a better and wiser person. If your goal for 2023 is to learn about innovations, technology, and new inventions that could benefit us in the future, marta hall has a whole host of information for you to digest. Active remote sensing technology is a system used to sense objects using pulses of light. It is an extremely fascinating and hugely useful topic that you could learn more about in your spare time. If you’re looking for a spot of bedtime reading about a subject matter you haven’t heard much about before, this is certainly the place for you to look!
Listen to podcasts about wellness and health. Watch videos like Ted Talks or videos on becoming who you want to be. Read more, whether it be fiction or nonfiction.
Stop watching videos that make you feel lesser than or depressed. Stop purposely self-sabotaging yourself. You need to do what’s best for you, no excuses. If you’re looking for a sign, this is it.
What you do with your body and your mind, directly influences your soul. Whether that’s the food you consume, or the content you consume. Anything and everything you consume embeds itself into your soul. So if you’re feeling stuck in gray space, with no progress being made. Start slow. Start small. Instead of going on your phone and doom-scrolling, take a walk. Water your plants, and clean them for 5 minutes. Learn how to cook healthier meals. Read more. Read more blog posts on wellness, and read something that makes you excited to live. Your soul will thrive when you put effort into thriving.
If you want to change anything, you have to nurture your soul. And to start in spring, this is how you do it;
- Hydrate yourself. Whether that’s coconut water, water, lemon water, etc.
- Eat more protein; paneer, tofu, chicken, eggs, lentils, etc.
- Move your body in ways that you like, not ways you think you should. Go for walks if you enjoy them more than runs. Use the treadmill if you don’t like running outside. Do leg day on arm day if you want to do it. Don’t put more constraints on yourself.
- Follow people who post something that inspires you.
- Start doing something you’ve always wanted to do.
I hope this post helped you understand ways to reset and replenish your body for the new season. Spring is for growth and change, I hope you reach your goal. And even if you haven’t, self-growth is a long journey. Don’t expect to have a perfect life by the end of the season, but if you make an effort to reach your goals, you’ll be further than today.
Even if you think it will take a long time, just keep in mind that the time will pass anyways.