I’ve had a happiness jar for a few years now, and it’s been wonderful. I thought I would share my experience and some tips in this post!
What is a Happiness Jar?
A happiness jar is nothing but a jar, filled with moments of gratitude, memories worth remembering, motivation for a future you, etc.
I keep it on top of my dresser, so I remember to include it in my daily routine.
The Purpose Of a Happiness Jar
Imagine in a couple of years, you’re cleaning out your stuff and you find this bag/jar filled with the notes from a certain year. You sit down and read through them, chuckling at the funny ones, and smiling at the fond memories. The hardships you passed, and the dreams/goals you’ve achieved.
It doesn’t even have to be a few years, it could be in a few months or a year. Anytime you want some motivation, from your past self.
Why Create A Happiness Jar?
Because the daily joys of our life, are taken for granted until we lose them. By recording them, and keeping track of our trials and accomplishments we become a better person.
This year is a perfect year to start. It doesn’t matter if it’s the start of the year or the middle, enjoy those daily delights.
How To Create A Happiness Jar?
All you need is a jar, some scraps of paper(like post-it notes), and a pen/pencil.
What To Write in a Happiness Jar ( And Quotes)
You can write:
- something that made you smile today
- a joke
- quotes(some examples below)
- a recipe you tried
- something you want to remember
- a show/book you recently started
- a new friend you made
- something your grateful for
- Ticket stubs/lucky tokens
There are probably so many ideas, for stuff to put in happiness jars. But I hope this list, is a good starter. And here are some quotes I love:
Best Jars To Use
Honestly any jar, you think is big enough! I bought mine from my local Dollar Store. Here are a few, I found on Amazon!
Happiness Jar Examples/Inspiration
How To Create A Happiness Jar For Someone Else
It’s recently been popular to create a happiness jar for someone else. Like your loved ones, a friend, maybe a teacher. I’ve never made one for someone else, but here are the steps to do it.
1. Get a jar
2. Get scraps of papers(post-it notes, ripped paper, etc), and a pen/pencil
3. Write how much you want. (365 days of love, a month, etc)
4. And put it inside the jar.
5. Label it, and if you want a note outside of the jar.
Let’s say I want to make one for my sister, I would write some kind things about her, our favorite memories, and jokes that we’ll treasure in the future.
Well, that’s the ultimate guide to happiness jars. I hope this post was informative and answered all your questions.
Since your starting something new, with this happiness jar. Why don’t you start a 30-day self-care calendar? Completely free, and always available to you.
And you get early access to other premium content. Here’s the link.
Have you ever created a happiness jar? Will you this year? Tell me in the comments!
- 5 important and simple steps to actually plan your week: 2022 guide
- The Pros and Cons of Bullet Journaling. Is it really worth doing it in 2021?
- 10 Inspirational and Motivating Quotes That Help Destroy Writer’s Block.
- 15 Fitness Quotes That Will Motivate You To Workout And Smash Your Goals.
- 5 Insanely Useful Apps Every Blogger Needs To Have: No Matter Their Blogging Level